This project is read-only.

Excellent

Sep 1, 2015 at 4:33 PM
Just wanted to say well done for creating these scripts and documentation - it's really great work!
Sep 1, 2015 at 8:44 PM
Thank you! Glad you found it useful.
Sep 7, 2015 at 6:06 PM
Edited Sep 7, 2015 at 6:06 PM
Hi Hallvard,
I would like to avoid the overhead of lab management but I want integration tests to run automatically following an overnight build. My plan is:
  • create a dedicated BizTalk build server with VS2013, BIzTalk 2013r2
  • install TFS2013 build controller and agent on the build server
  • create a build definition with a nightly trigger
  • set Pre-build script path to run UpdateVersionInfo.ps1
  • set Post-build script path to run CreateDeployment.ps1
  • set Pre-test script path to run a new version of AutoDeploy.ps1 that would take the .zip file from the build binaries folder (using $Env:TF_BUILD_BINARIESDIRECTORY). It can't use the drop folder as the AutoDeploy.ps1 currently does because the drop folder won't have been populated by this point
Does this sound reasonable to you? Do you think this may be helpful to other - maybe offering BizTalk ALM Light!?

Thanks,
Rob Bowman
Sep 7, 2015 at 8:12 PM
Hi!
I would start using the new build system in TFS 2015 / Visual Studio Online instead. The new system uses remote PowerShell to deploy and run tests, so you no longer have to install the Lab/Test agents.
Sep 25, 2015 at 2:55 PM
Hi Hallvard,

I have started updating the scripts to work with Visual Studio Online builds. It's going ok, and I've been able to figure out most of the required environment variable names from this useful page: https://msdn.microsoft.com/Library/vs/alm/Build/scripts/variables. However, I have a problem with TF_BUILD_BINARIESDIRECTORY, since there doesn't seem to be an equivalent when working with VSO builds . Can you help?

Thanks,
Rob Bowman
Sep 25, 2015 at 7:38 PM
I have got it working by using the following in place of TF_BUILD_BINARIESDIRECTORY: $binPath = join-path $Env:SYSTEM_DEFAULTWORKINGDIRECTORY "..\bin"

So now I have a on-premise VS2012 build server pulling the source code from Visual Studio Online, building everything and packing the msi into a deployment zip along with the deploy tools - happy days :)

Next step - auto deploy to remote servers...
Sep 26, 2015 at 7:53 AM
Great!